Strategies to restore a safe climate include:
- Drive greenhouse gas emissions to (net) zero below the level of natural sequestration of GHG
- Draw down excess atmospheric carbon dioxide from the air and store it safely
- If warranted, directly reduce the Earth’s temperature, until the first two strategies have restored a safe climate
To achieve this scale of action we must embark upon both a social and structural transition.
Concentrated investment and development in renewable energy systems, the elimination of harmful waste, the efficient use of resources and ecological conservation and restoration are just some of the critical outcomes for the economies we need to restore a safe climate.
"We must slash carbon pollution to save the environment. Civil society initiatives, such as the Transition Decade, are crucial for showing the way forward and mobilising people into action".
Mohamed Nasheed President of the Maldives, 2 February 2010
Beyond Zero Emissions - Zero Carbon Australia 2020
Safe Climate Australia - Transition Plan
Mark Z Jacobson - Scientific American Repowering a green planet
Zero Carbon Britian - Zero Carbon Britain Plan
Repower America - Repower America
- Hold a vision for a sustainable world?
- Recognise the climate emergency situation?
- Want to restore safe climate conditions?
- Grasp the scale of a national transition?
- Want to complete the transition in the next 10 years?
a 10 year social and structural transition that enables the
restoration of a safe climate.
Details coming soon...